Thursday, May 29, 2014

Exciting days ahead

So next week on Thursday, a dream will come true. I will get to meet Annie Sloan, that lady who invented Annie Sloan chalk paint.

So I will take the first ferry off our little island and travel to beautiful Nijkerk. Never been there before, but I love exploring new parts of my home country by choice. Lots of pictures are to be taken, and I can't wait to connect with other people who love her paint just as much as I do. Such as Jayne, my stockist. She really helped me in the way when I just started, and is really engaged in this. Can't wait to meet her in person.

Through all this, I started developing more of an interest in the arts. Which is certainly a good thing. I love to experiment with color now and see the world with different eyes. My creativity that I never thought I even had is unleashed and not limited to painting furniture, but also in finding and creating matching accessories. It defined my taste in furniture and gave me an eye for beautiful antique furniture which I didn't have before. I'm crazy about french furniture in particular. Give me a piece with nicely shaped legs and I'm in heaven. My world changed and got richer than it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment