Thursday, June 12, 2014

Almost weekend!

The weekend is approaching rapidly, and of course, that means more painting going on. Not that I managed to stay away from painting for the last few days. Like the vanity console. I started with that console and once I finished it, I decided that the vanity table could need a few color adjustments too. Yes, I'm bad like that. It was Country Grey and a mix of Emile and Old Violet.

I painted the country grey parts in the same color as the console (Louis Blue with a splash of Emperiors Silk and a splash of country grey wash to make the colour a bit warmer and sort of smoky). Than applied a technique from "Colour Recipes" where you do a wash and wipe with another colour over an already painted and waxed piece to the tabletop and the drawers. Really love the effect of this and will use that technique more often very likely.

And tomorrow, when there are no more distractions like work, I'll start with my bedroom chair. And who knows what more will I do over the weekend... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment