Monday, June 9, 2014

Junkie

Okay, this is for your personal amusement. I've never realized that chalk paint people are that bad (might be, I'm the only one that bad, though).

So it all started this morning when I went to the flea market. And there it was...

That piece I was looking for forever. A nice old fashioned mirror for my vanity I posted yesterday. You know, such a thing with 2 arms that hold a little mirror and 3 little drawers in the console underneath. So I took it home of course, these are hard to find. Massive oak wood, no Mdf.

Than it hit me - I was out of Country Grey!  Of course, I have kept the old tin, just for the case. Yes, there was a thin crust of paint left at the bottom of it, but not enough. So I scraped off the paint on the sides of the tin, cussing at myself for forgetting to get more Country Grey last week when I had the opportunity, and carefully put the scrapes inside the tin. Added a bit of water and stirred. Stirred some more. And eventually, the crust became paint again... Meanwhile, I lost my last illusions regarding the degree of my addiction. I was scraping paint off a tin like a drug addict scrapes the last bits of heroine off a piece of foil. Yeah, this pretty much sums it up. I will let you guys know when I go into recovery. If there is a recovery. Annie Sloan chalk paint is like crack without the unhealthy side effects. I guess there's no real recovery. As soon as I enter "The Shabby Shed", I'd relapse again. No illusions on this one at all.

Oh well, guess there are worse things to be addicted to. And now, please excuse me - I have some painting to do. Underneath, you can see a few more pieces I found today. It was a good flea market day. Of course, everything but the vintage phone is already painted and now drying. But that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment