Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Tomorrow is the big day!

So I'm all up in preparation for tomorrow. I printed out my train ticket, have my list of errands and my suitcase ready (given I will bring chalk paint for multiple people and for myself, a backpack just doesn't cut it here), package service should be grateful, because if I'd order this load online, it would break their backs... :-P However, given they're also very cherished Co workers of mine, I'll take my rolling suitcase with me.

I'm prepared to get up really early, like 4 am. I need to be at the other side of the country by 10 am and therefore, need to get the 6am ferry.

But even more, I'm really seriously looking forward to tomorrow! I will meet Annie Sloan, and on top of that, Jayne and Geert. They have been my stockists ever since I started with Annie Sloan chalk paint, and really helped me to get started. Can't wait to see them in real life finally. Jayne announced some really yummy surprise and coffee, and given I'm also very prone to everything that's yummy, I'm beyond curious.

Plus I'm in some sort of creative rage. It might have been triggered by meeting Annie Sloan, or by my Pinterest addiction, or a combo of both. Given I'm on vacation this whole week, I spent a lot of time painting and gathering new ideas. Like shutters. I painted 2 shutters in Dugg Egg Blue in my studio yesterday, and finally made up my mind about a particularly adorable french style TV cabinet that really called my name very loud. Eventually, I just had to give in to its whispers and calls... "admit that you want to paint me and take me home". Still pondering over the colors, but I just know that the inspiration will come tomorrow. Plus this little french dresser is finally in its place in the hallway. The old fridge my ex husband left behind donated and more room in my living room - for whatever adorable right sized piece crosses my path. 

The shutters will decorate my living room walls when they're done, and I can't wait. I have always loved shutters, and now, after the house is in the right style for them, I found the perfect place for them, too. And another pair of shutters is in waiting line to be painted. Those will be for my hallway.

So stay tuned, I will have a lot of adventures to blog about tomorrow. Unless I fall in couch coma as soon as I get home, since getting up at 4 am is not for the faint at heart, but sooooooooooo worth it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment